XO-2

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu May 22 07:53:34 EDT 2008

On 22.05.2008, at 12:34, Jim Gettys wrote:

> Depends on the processor selection, not yet done.

Well, I'd rather hope the processor selection would also take into
account what is intended to be done with the machine :)

Also, work on UI and apps could start even before that. It better had
to, given the target date.

> I do recommend looking at Peter Hutterer's videos on YouTube (search
> for
> "mpx").  That shows the practicality of touch base and multi-user
> based
> interfaces in Linux.

So you're suggesting a similar software stack like on the XO-1 will be
used? OFW / Linux / X11 / Sugar?

The mock-ups didn't really reveal other features than the dual-
touchscreen. Are there going to be speakers, camera, analog inputs/
outputs, USB, mesh-networking, fold-out antennae etc?

- Bert -