[sw-eco] Keyboard Support for Haiti & Ethiopia - OLPC 8.1.1 bugfix release

Dafydd Harries dafydd.harries at collabora.co.uk
Wed May 21 14:47:31 EDT 2008

Ar 15/05/2008 am 17:23, ysgrifennodd Michael Stone:
> On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 07:54:46PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
> > --- officially ---
> >
> > According to tickets #6973 and #6945, 703 loads the wrong keyboard map
> > for Haiti and inappropriately invokes GTK-IM for Ethiopia. It is
> > proposed that we make a small bug-fix release to allow Haiti and
> > Mongolia to make effective use of their laptops with a 703-like build.
> >
> > The USR process checklist for this release is here:
> >
> >   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SW-ECO_5_Checklist
> >
> > and the Wiki documentation is at
> >
> >   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_SW-ECO_5
> >
> > At present, we believe that #6973 and #6945 can be fixed without
> > security-sensitive changes.
>
> I've filed #7014 to follow the life-cycle of the first candidate build
> containing Sayamindu's changes (plus a few other odds and ends). I'll
> need your help in the next couple of days to close that ticket by
> reviewing all the code changes made against the 703 package-set, finding
> or writing appropriate tests for the bugs listed, and executing those
> tests (as well as the smoke test).
>
> Also, I remain interested in pulling in other changes that close
> existing bugs. Please suggest some plausible changes. (I'll suggest a
> few myself in my next email).

I'll try and find out which Telepathy fixes might be worth pushing into an
USR. Looking at changelogs, I see at least one bug:

http://en.pastebin.ca/1025092

I feel pretty confident about combining newer Telepathy/Presence Service with
older build, but I'd want to subject specific combinations to testing before
recommending their use.

--
Dafydd