SSH DSA logins on crank.

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Wed May 21 10:06:56 EDT 2008

Hi,

   > So DSA is a no-go from now until the end of time?

I'm open to debate on that, though many systems have made that decision;
debian.org and freedesktop.org are no longer allowing DSA logins, for
example.  (I'm curious to hear reasons for wanting to use DSA keys,
now that the RSA patents have expired.)

   > By the way, will remaining and new RSA keys be tested for bad
   > randomness?

Yes.  We have the openssh-blacklist package installed, which contains
keyhashes of all possible weak keys and disallows logins using them.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>