Creating a non-python activity

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Wed May 21 08:02:22 EDT 2008

bert wrote:

 > On 21.05.2008, at 07:25, shivaprasad javali wrote:
 >
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > >         I have a C++ activity which i want to use on the olpc. I
 > > tried to sugarize my activity based on the info  i found on the olpc
 > > wiki http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugarizing  .
 > >
 > >          The code for sugarizing in that page didnt work for me. I
 > > was only able to launch my process as a separate application to my
 > > python script so that there were two processes running for my one
 > > application.
 > >
 > >        I could not figure out how to tie my application's window to
 > > the blank window provided for the python script.
 >
 > You need to _SUGAR_BUNDLE_ID and _SUGAR_ACTIVITY_ID as properties to
 > your X window. This is documented here:
 >
 > http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Low-level_Activity_API

the big trick that might help (and that isn't quite spelled out
explicitly on that page) is to wrap your C/C++ activity in a
combination of shell script (which sets up some environment
variables, based on the standard sugar args, i.e., --bundle-id,
--activity-id, etc) and a pre-load shared library that contrives
to get those values into the X properties where they need to go.
see http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sugar_Factory

paul