Bitfrost's P_SERVER_AUTH

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon May 19 02:45:09 EDT 2008

Ivan, (or anyone close to the Bitfrost implementation)

are there any further notes about how you intended the P_SERVER_AUTH
stuff to work? Was this envisioned to be an ident-style service that
responds to a crypto challenge (a safe variation of "show you have the
private key by signing this token")? How do we make the challenge safe
for the client?

Can we make it work for NAT'ed clients? (I am thinking of the "meshing
by NAT'ing" that we had at one point when connecting to a "school AP".
Disabled in current builds, but may come back in its full IPv4 NAT
glory.)

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions