Frame Decision (was [sugar] OLPC priorities for Sugar in the August release)

John R. Hogerhuis jhoger at pobox.com
Sun May 18 00:42:28 EDT 2008

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 9:26 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
>  - Do the 'frame reveal corner arrows' only appear when you hit the corners,
> or when your mouse is over the corner area (discoverability)?

What is the difference between hit the corner/over the corner area?
What I was thinking was to pop the frame icons when you enter the
corner area that is now used to activate the frame. But the frame
wouldn't activate until a click.

I think we would need to be able to distinguish between entering the
corner on the drag of an object and drag of not-an-object (like a
paintbrush).

In fact, just doing that right would resolve the worst Frame
interaction with Paint since the Frame would not activate if you enter
the corner with mouse down but you are not dragging anything.

-- John.