XP on OLPC - a contrarian view

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Sat May 17 13:33:23 EDT 2008

Sameer Verma wrote:

>>> The other thing that was strange was that when he captures video, the
>>> camera light did not come on. Isn't the camera wired in series with the
>>> LED? If that's the case then the LED should be on...or the video was
>>> edited post production.
>>>
>> Probably it is old hardware.
>>

> It looks very much like an MP machine. The video is processed

As best I can tell from the video it is an MP machine.  All versions of
  XO's that had LED indicators for mic and camera had them functional.
So if that LED was not on then one of the following is true:

1) They were not really capturing video at that moment.
2) The LED is broke
3) They somehow discovered a (software) way to capture without the LED.
   Something we tried hard to prevent.

The moment he starts the recorder program you will see the LED light but
in later shots its not lit.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child