c preprocessor.

Neil Graham lerc at screamingduck.com
Fri May 16 02:28:28 EDT 2008

On Friday 16 May 2008 6:06:10 pm Martin Langhoff wrote:
> What happens if we remove it? Well, it looks like Ubuntu tried, and
> had to revert

It looks like they just removed the dependency rather than a replacement.

xrdb supports
  -cpp filename       preprocessor to use [/usr/bin/cpp]
 so a smaller replacement is a possibilty here, tcc or mcpp

The other option is to just ensure that resources do not need preprocessing.
I'm not sure if that is viable but isn't xrdb simply a thing that happens at
x startup?  Once into X everything is ok, right?