Strange 755 mode on .sugar/default/owner.key

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu May 15 00:52:15 EDT 2008

I just spent a bit of time trying to understand why
.sugar/default/owner.key was 755 on the xo am working on. I can't find
any plausible reason, the key creation does the right thing, nothing
seems to chmod it, and I haven't chmoded anything - but so it was.

But I thought I'd mention it, in case someone else has seen it, or
bumps into a similar case. This was a 642 machine, upgraded to 703,
and - mysteriously - .sugar/default/owner.key was 755.

the truth is out there... somewhere.

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions