[sugar] OLPC priorities for Sugar in the August release

Eben Eliason eben.eliason at gmail.com
Wed May 14 15:20:35 EDT 2008

Feel free to look at the latest at wiki.laptop.org/go/Designs.

>  Thinking about the "hot corners" pop-up frame thingy, Nepal asked that
>  be deprecated and I agree based on my personal experience and that of my
>  kids. The only thing I have heard people use it for is the copy and
>  paste functionality. Waveplace lead mentioned that and its used in the
>  Uruguay training presentation linked above.

Specifically, check out Feel free to look at the latest at
wiki.laptop.org/go/Designs/Frame for details on the changes which will
imbue the Frame with much more utility.  We still need to address the
usability concerns, naturally, and as Marco mentioned we have a few
things to try in that regard, but it's just as important to me that
the Frame actually serve vital roles on the system in the first place!

- Eben