[sugar] OLPC priorities for Sugar in the August release

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Wed May 14 13:43:55 EDT 2008

> One low-hanging fruit for faster activity start is having activity install
> compile .pyc files

There are .pyc files here and there in the XO core software.  I do
not expect to myself be changing Activity code -- but if the OLPC is
supposed to be "easy enough for a kid to program" - *someone* will.

For myself, I don't have wireless at home; to make my communications
setup work properly I need to "patch" some "telepathy/presence" .py
files.  [Having changed a .py file, I delete the same-name .pyc
file, and reboot.]  I'm not sure what created those corresponding
.pyc files.  I __wish__ there was an easy-to-find GUIDE explaining
how and when the various .pyc files were installed.

mikus