[sugar] OLPC priorities for Sugar in the August release

Greg Smith (gregmsmi) gregmsmi at cisco.com
Wed May 14 12:26:13 EDT 2008

Hi Tomeu, Walter, et al,

FYI Uruguay already posted some presentations and training based on the
existing UI.

See: http://www.ceibalflorida.blogspot.com/ posts from April. I'm not up
to speed on proposed Sugar changes so it may have minimal impact.

Thinking about the "hot corners" pop-up frame thingy, Nepal asked that
be deprecated and I agree based on my personal experience and that of my
kids. The only thing I have heard people use it for is the copy and
paste functionality. Waveplace lead mentioned that and its used in the
Uruguay training presentation linked above.

If you do take out the popup frame make sure to come up with a new copy
and paste mechanism.

Uruguay also has a multi-day training planned for June:
http://www.inscripcioncursotics.8m.com/programa.htm

They're probably OK with updating their docs but you should bring them
in the loop ahead of time, if possible.

BTW can you ask Peru to post their manual somewhere? Colombia just asked
for Spanish documentation and I'm sure it will be useful for many other
countries too.

Thanks,

Greg S

Message: 2