[sugar] 65-node simple mesh test (and counting... ;-)

Greg Smith (gregmsmi) gregmsmi at cisco.com
Fri May 9 11:29:31 EDT 2008

Hi Morgan,

Got it, thanks!

Let me know if we have a chance to comment on the design of future tests
to help align them with user requirements. I want to find a few basic
cases which we can support now (e.g. 10 or less Xos is a good start) and
help position the timing and details of use cases which we may support
in the future.

We can buy as much time as needed to rebuild this code if we set the
right expectation. We just have to warn them before they start counting
on things which don't work well yet.

Any input on that is appreciated.

FYI they put up a training on how to use the XO at:
http://www.ceibalflorida.blogspot.com/

It includes two sections on mesh usage (Experiencias colaborativas) one
of which has a list of activities. Let me know if you want a
translation.

In the mean time, they are going to have a development "Jam" in Uruguay
next week http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Ceibal_Jam I asked them to try out a
few mesh tests if they have enough Xos. I'll let you know if they get
any useful results.

Thanks,

Greg S