[Its.an.education.project] An OLPC Development Model

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Fri May 9 05:11:55 EDT 2008

On 09.05.2008, at 09:59, david at lang.hm wrote:

> On Wed, 7 May 2008, Jim Gettys wrote:

>> David,
>>
>> We must fix this....  Help greatfully appreciated.  It isn't very
>> much
>> work to get there from here.
>
> at the moment it doesn't seem as if there's agreement yet that this
> does
> need to get fixed. until the problem is acknowledged it can't be
> fixed.
>
> unfortunantly my time constraints drasticly limit the code I can
> work on,
> so I am mostly a tester and a provider of resources to nearby
> developers
> (I just received my two g1g1 machines back from the USC hackathon)

There is agreement that unmodified Linux software should run as well
as possible in Sugar.

There is no agreement that this would imply we do not need Sugar, or
that activities written/adapted specifically for Sugar would not
provide an order of magnitude better learning experience. That's the
whole point of starting this endeavor in the first place.

- Bert -