65-node simple mesh test (and counting... ;-)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri May 9 03:39:17 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 03:29:51AM -0400, Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos wrote:
> Unfortunately, the difficulty and time necessary to manage
> increasingly more nodes is linear (given that the NetworkManager is
> disabled ;-), but increases steeply.

1.  when I was testing a much smaller mesh last year, once I had turned
off NetworkManager I used dsh, the distributed shell, to issue commands,
if necessary concurrently rather than sequentially, (my testing was not
application level as yours is),

2.  generating fake input with the XTest extension ... I've used xte, a
program in the xautomation package on Debian, but not on recent builds,
I'm not sure if the extension is present in the X-Server, but if it is,
then dsh could be used to press enter on many units at once.