CIPA done

C. Scott Ananian cscott at cscott.net
Thu May 8 18:08:27 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 4:46 PM, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger
<c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
>  An acceptable middle ground for you would probably be software which
>  mangles the US constitution like this: "Congress shall make no law
>  abridging the freedom of sXXXch, or the right of the people peaceably to
>  XXXemble, and to peXXXion the government for a redress of grievances."
>  (with apologies to the EPIC)

Off-topic, but amusing (to me): I once wrote a nice anonymizing web
proxy as a side-project for my own use (over a decade ago).  I was
annoyed one day to find that it was being used by others to read porn,
which interfered with my personal use.  So I wrote a little
search-and-replace script on the proxy to perform single-letter
substitutions of naughty words, and suddenly the web was filled with
socks, Denis' pens, bass, clips, cents, etc.  This really did nothing
to solve the problem, but now I was amused instead of annoyed when I
looked at the logs. =)

I also added javascript code to crunch keys for the RSA RC5 challenge,
so my unwanted users ended up working for me...
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )