very simple datastore reimplementation

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Thu May 8 15:11:20 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:43 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
>  Again, in the olpcfs design we provide a vfat-like metadata structure
>  (mounted via FUSE) so that the filesystem on the USB key appears to
>  the journal code just like the flash does.  No FUSE is necessary to
>  see the files on the Windows box, although if you want to see all the
>  metadata then you need some tool.  If you're transferring the file to
>  another XO, then the metadata comes along with you.

These are all very good points in favor of olpcfs to me.

Personally I'm pretty much sold on the design. And I'm all for
experimenting with it on a branch (try to port journal and a few
activities), even if it's not a priority for August. Are you aware of
any showstopper in this regard? Feature wise it seem to be pretty much
there already.

Marco