An OLPC Development Model

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Thu May 8 12:57:14 EDT 2008

I'd draw the distinction slightly differently. Presumably when one
first loads a new build, you'd also load an associated  activity
stream, e.g., the Peru feed. At any time, one might want to either
check for updates to existing activities -- they'll be decoupled from
the OS build cycle, presumably, but not something you need to do all
that frequently -- or, perhaps more common, one might want to find new
activities. I suppose that there need not be a difference between load
and update in the new build case. But isn't the real distinction one
of maintenance vs exploring?

-walter