An OLPC Development Model

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Thu May 8 12:11:24 EDT 2008

On 08.05.2008, at 10:13, Michael Stone wrote:

> Gentlefolk,
>
> It seems to me, upon a few hours' calm reflection that:
>
> Bert - you leapt to some unfounded conclusions about the
> significance of
> Dennis' work and he seems to have been hurt by the way you posed
> some of
> your questions.
>
> Scott - I don't need to bring the specter of drug abuse and mental
> incompetency into an argument in order to tell someone that I strongly
> disagree with them and that their position and demeanor are increasing
> my frustration.
>
> Dennis - in search of a quick defense, you've attempted to give
> certain
> critics exactly what they asked for - a Joyride with no activities -
> in
> order to let them crack their teeth on the barren fruits of their own
> uncompromising positions.
>
> I would sleep more easily if I knew that the sting of the cutting
> words
> previously exchanged in this thread was being soothed by the balm of a
> short apology from all sides. Also, as a further step to make amends,
> could each of you please decide to search for less combative ways to
> express your frustration at revisiting old conflicts? (If I can be of
> service to you in this matter or in resolving future disagreements,
> please do not hesitate to contact me.)

My apology to Dennis - I did not mean to criticize his work, and to
Scott, whose biggest "fault" is that he tries to communicate with us
outsiders so he gets to feel a bigger share of the frustration than
others. And I'm not resentful, the crack thing will be entirely
forgotten when we've had a beer or too at CBC. I'm visiting in July :)

- Bert -