[Its.an.education.project] Sugar on the EEE PC

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Thu May 8 08:21:15 EDT 2008

On the XO, YMMWV (your milage will vary) very, very greatly depending on
how the machine is being used (and how (im)mature our software is), much
more than most machines.

We have extensive measurements of what the individual pieces consume;
less good is the state of our power management, which is far from what
it needs to be due to insufficient resources (help greatfully accepted).

Note that some of this work is work that will help everyone's laptops;
and other parts requires hardware capabilities we have we've not seen
elsewhere.
                      - Jim

On Wed, 2008-05-07 at 20:00 -0700, Jaya Kumar wrote:
> 2008/5/6 John Watlington <wad at laptop.org>:
> >
> >  The XO has a good reason for existance (MLJ's display, and attention to low
> > power design).
>
> I'm just curious. I was wondering if you have a pointer to specific
> data about the MLJ display like exact specs on power consumption,
> brightness, horizontal/vertical viewing angles, contrast ratio in the
> various modes. Same question for the overall XO power consumption as
> well. I'm sure you've already posted this but I couldn't find it.
>
> Thanks,
> jaya
Jim Gettys <jg at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child