very simple datastore reimplementation

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Thu May 8 07:29:09 EDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 11:20 AM, Marco Pesenti Gritti
<mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 12:58 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>>  Yes, the title is currently stored in the metadata file next to the
>>  actual file, so perhaps some ls-ds tool may be easily coded to present
>>  the files with names based on their title?
>
> I think Jim point was that we need a way to be able to read files on a
> system with no olpc specific tools installed.

I think we are talking about two different things here:

- How to interact with the DS (thus only in the XO) using standard
tools. A FUSE plugin?

- How we can aid in debugging the internal structures of the DS.
Again, only on the XO.

If the process of moving files from the XO to another machine involves
the FUSE plugin, then files will come out from there with names based
on their title.

What else is missing?

Thanks,

Tomeu