very simple datastore reimplementation

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Thu May 8 06:35:58 EDT 2008

On 5/7/08, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> >  - Delta compression and version tracking.
>
> I think it would be interesting to have an estimate of the
> work/complexity involved in this.

Yes, we need to first agree on which more concrete solution we want.
Scott has already gone for it in olpcfs, so that would be a first
place to look at.

> In particular I'd like to understand
> how it will affect activities.

I don't think activities should be affected by this at all. Delta
compression is an internal space optimization and version tracking is
only exposed in the journal.

> Do you think it would make sense to
> first try to fix the stability and compatibility problems and later
> add versions?

Not sure, let's first see which are our options regarding versions.

Thanks,

Tomeu