[Its.an.education.project] An OLPC Development Model

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed May 7 17:30:53 EDT 2008

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 3:04 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at cscott.net> wrote:
> On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>  >
>  >  On 07.05.2008, at 22:11, C. Scott Ananian wrote:
>  >  >
>  >  >> And it's certainly no coincidence that the list of activities in
>  >  >> olpc3
>  >  >> is what Kim wanted in ticket 6598. You certainly remember the
>  >  >> discussions.
>  >  >
>  >  > You're on crack, Bert.  *None* of the activities listed in 6598 are in
>  >  > the core build.
>  >
>  >  Maybe I am hallucinating this:
>  >
>  >  http://pilgrim.laptop.org/~pilgrim/olpc/streams/olpc3/build9/devel_jffs2/build.log
>
>  That's not the core build.  That's Dennis' private playground.  Didn't
>  we go over that already?
>   --scott

This is something I remember coming up a lot back when Red Hat first
started putting out Rawhide. We would get lots of tickets from people
who would install it and expect it to a) work and b) be supported.
This was an item that had to be said over and over again until it
became a mantra from technical support to the president of the
company... "If you use Rawhide, don't expect it to work, don't expect
your system to even work ever again... but thankyou for testing"

So you will say this quite a bit is my guess.

--
Stephen J Smoogen. --