An OLPC Development Model

Bert Freudenberg bert at freudenbergs.de
Wed May 7 13:49:51 EDT 2008

On 07.05.2008, at 19:36, Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:

> I'm not really convinced it should be a separate build. Just ship a
> set of core activities and make it really easy to install new ones (we
> have already everything in place to do so).

I hate the "core activities" idea. What are the core activities for an
education machine? The activities that distinguish the XO from all the
other laptops out there are regularly omitted from the "core". Like in
the new olpc3 build (*). There is no technical reason for this, and it
sends the wrong message. Unless someone wants to  convey that this is
just another laptop project.

- Bert -

(*) http://dev.laptop.org/~bert/olpc3-pkgs.html