Rainbow 0.7.12 Announcement

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Tue May 6 11:16:56 EDT 2008

Earlier, I had written:
>Of various Activities to which I previously gave "special dispensation"
 >from Rainbow, three now launch from the activity ring without
needing that
 >dispensation -- Develop, Sonata, and Opera.

I spoke too soon.

I'm not familiar with 'Develop', so I don't know how it was affected
by Rainbow.  But the other two Activities use /home/olpc/.something
for their files (Sonata: .mpd; Opera: .opera).  In both cases, the
new Rainbow "substituted" isolation paths which were different, so
the existing configurations of those Activities were not accessed.
[Query - does Rainbow respect case?  Sonata refers to '.mpd/Music'.
  With Rainbow the substitute name was 'isolation-something/music'.]

I've now reverted to excluding Sonata and Opera from Rainbow.

mikus