Mesh testing

Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos ypod at mit.edu
Mon May 5 11:34:12 EDT 2008

I 've been doing experiments on a 50-node testbed (703, Q2D14, 22.p9,
simple mesh) and getting all 50 of them to communicate consistently has
been hard, even in the absence no sharing or heavy workloads involved.

Out of the 50 nodes (over a period of time of 6 hours), 8 nodes
"decided" to take msh0 down, half of which did not come up again
(NetworkManager?).

About 18 out of 50 nodes (not including the previous 8) for some reason
stopped being reachable from the rest of the network, although their
network interface did not seem to have been reset. Restarting the
NetworkManager seems to fix the problem.

Is anyone still maintaining the NetworkManager? It seems to me that the
NetworkManager chooses to restart msh0 sometimes. Is this true? Does it
go so far as to reload the firmware?

Pol

--
Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos