Marvell microkernel

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon May 5 02:10:03 EDT 2008

On Sun, May 4, 2008 at 10:20 PM, Alex Gibson <agibson at eng.uts.edu.au> wrote:
> Edward Cherlin wrote:
>
> > How is everybody doing? and how is progress on the microkernel?
> >
> > Has anybody else gotten involved?
> >
> > Now that rms has actually switched to an XO, we ought to get on with this.
> >
> > Who has e-mail addresses for bobkeyes, palfrey, or ido? They listed
> > themselves on our Wiki page, but I don't see any way to contact them.
> >
>  We (UTS) are no longer involved after we couldn't get access to the Marvell
> source code.

You don't mean this source code, then? What have I missed?

Driver source code: 8388 "libertas" driver from our kernel tree:
git://git.infradead.org/users/marcelo/libertas managed by Marcelo
Tosatti, discussion

Gabor, what happened to the effort you talked about in late 2006?

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2006-December/003423.html
"...In parallel we are working with Marvell to release the 802.11s
source code under GPL.

"Who is going to ravel out the 802.11s code from the tangled source ?
I'd help if needed."

>  If we had been able to get access we would have been able to get a grant to
> fund the work
>  but as that hasn't happened, the people who would have been involved have
> moved on to other projects.

Clearly I missed something not happening.

--
Edward Cherlin
http://www.EarthTreasury.org/