Record app in joyride 1927 has problems

Mark Bauer mark at zjunk.net
Sun May 4 20:47:34 EDT 2008

I thought I had messed something up, so I did a full reflash of the
memory.  I ran into some minor issues with the reflash, but got it
done.  The record app still does not respond as I expected.  It
powers up, but it used to show live video from the default display.
Now it just snaps a picture as it is powering up and shows me that.
If I click on the Video tab, it snaps another one, but still does not
show
live vid.  If I click back on the Photo tab, it takes another picture
but still no view mode.

Looking in the .sugar/default/logs/org.laptop.RecordActivity-1.log I
find

unable to create ~/.gnome2 directory:  Permission denied
.gnome does not exist
No gtk.AccelGroup in the top level window.

Mark