[Olpc-open] jumpy cursor problem and sugar issue

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Sat May 3 17:19:29 EDT 2008

as a datapoint on touchpad problems, today my XO was showing the
"psychic" behavior -- i could move the cursor with my finger 1/4"
to 1/2" above the surface.  it was not particularly "jumpy".

i assume it was fairly humid, given the drizzle in boston today.
i grounded myself to the screw, as described below.  there was no
change in the psychic behavior.

i did the four finger salute, and the problem cleared up
completely.

(this is a late G1G1 unit.)

paul