Mini-conference Proposal: State of Power Management.
cjb at laptop.org
Fri Mar 28 15:10:36 EDT 2008
Power management ideas will be discussed, categorized from "simple
matter of programming" through "good research topic", and prioritized.
Examples at the SMoP end might include:
* using the EC for timed wakeups when asked to by userspace
* inhibiting suspend when asynchronous USB devices are plugged in
* fix suspend/resume when booted from SD (the root fs disappears)
And towards the research end:
* switch from OHM's idle heuristics to the cpuidle infrastructure
* speed up resume by delaying the SD and USB resume paths until
userspace is running again, if possible, having each subsystem
able to manage requests for devices that haven't woken up yet
Chris Ball <cjb at laptop.org>
More information about the Devel