Desktop Environment & Application Development

Aswathy aswathyp1986 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 10:16:03 EDT 2008

Hi

 Is the desktop environment of OLPC - GNOME? Is there any difference in the
development of application done in GNOME & in OLPC? If so, how is it
differed? Can we use Glade for developing the applications for OLPC? If
used, which type of project is more suitable for the OLPC platform - GNOME
project / Gtk+ project?

  We have developed a window which displays some details of OLPC. We
developed it using gtk+ in C. The output we got in the Fedora platform
varies from the output that we got in OLPC. Why is it so?

 Is there any other means for developing the applications for OLPC? Also is
there any built-in compilers in OLPC to compile C programs? Is sdcc built-in
to all OLPCs? Can we use sdcc to compile the gtk+ programs in C? Is it
possible?

aswathy