Mini-Conference Proposal: Frameworks for Collaboration

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Sat Mar 29 16:03:38 EDT 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>  That is a very interesting perspective.  I will definitely think hard
>  about that and try to come up with a sensible comparison.
>
>  Offhand, I think the Collisionless idea is like a design where each
>  person's Undo/Redo list can be in a different order, and yet always reach
>  the same final state, as long as they contain the same total set of edits.

Yes, just to be clear, I'm very interested in hearing your proposal in
full.  It just seems to me that the primary objection would be of the
form, "but real applications don't have collisionless actions" and so
I thought I'd give you a chance to rebut that point in your
presentation.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )