Writing data on the XO

Urko Fernandez tturktime at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 08:14:32 EDT 2008

I have written an activity that is working ok in sugar-jhbuild but under
QEMU I have problems with file permissions: as the activity is launched
in isolation, I have to give full 777 permissions to the folder where I
store the data, but I have to do it manually from the command line [I
tried adding a os.chmod(path, '0777') but as it's executed with the
isolated user, the modification don't take place].

Is there some other way to store data? I want to upload the activity I'm
coding but it's no use if the bundled package only works under
sugar-jhbuild.

I've attached the bundled package and will upload to the wiki entry I've
created for the activity if I managed to fix this issue.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Assimilate

Thanks and regards.