Playing w/ Activity packs in build 702

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Thu Mar 27 11:03:10 EDT 2008

On 27 Mar 2008, at 05:25, Bryan Berry wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to install TamTam from scratch?

Not sure if this is the official way – but hidden in the update-
activities.py script from Bert Freudenberg is a very useful link to a
whole bunch of .xo builds, not all of which are available on the wiki
activities page (I'm not sure why). You can find .xo bundles for the
TamTam** activities here:

	http://mock.laptop.org/repos/local.update1/XOS/index.html

** I believe the original TamTam activity is now considered old,
unsupported code, and has been split out into individual activities
called TamTamEdit, TamTamJam, TamTamMini, and TamTamSynthLab.

Once activities are installed, the new xo_get.py script (which
includes Bert's update-activities.py code), is very useful for keeping
all installed activities upgraded to the latest versions available.
You can download the xo-get.py file from:

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Xo-get

Regards,
Gary