DrGeo sluggish

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ofset.org
Thu Mar 27 09:39:04 EDT 2008

Bryan,

I change the subject.

Please elaborate what is exactly sluggish because from my own
usability test with DrGeoII on a XO laptop B4, I did not find it
sluggish. Really I just try now, and I don't see where it is sluggish
(expect the loading time).
Are you using the XO bundle available from the DrGeoII wiki page?

It will be helpful if you explain what exactly lead to sluggish experience.

Also, I am interested by feedbacks from other users.

As a test, I wrote this programmed figure, picture at
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Image:DrGeo3.png
It results in arecursive interactive figure with more than 300
geometric objects rendered in real time.

The calculus of the figure takes about 10s (the workaround for the
incomplete implementation of the Squeak closure may take a lot of the
needed time for the calculus) but then the rendering is pretty fast
considering the CPU (no floating point unit)

Hilaire

--
http://blog.ofset.org/hilaire