JS-Python Communication using PyXPCom

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Sun Mar 23 06:03:32 EDT 2008

Hi,

thought I already had suggested this a long time ago, but anyway:

- Create a XPCOM service in JS that exposes the spreadsheet
functionality implemented in JS.

- Create another XPCOM service in python that exposes the needed Sugar
functionality.

Shouldn't this allow you to integrate SocialCalc in any way you wish?
Creating these two components shouldn't be too hard. Please feel free
to ask in this mailing list any doubts you have.

Example of JS service:
http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=sugar;a=tree;f=browser/components/sessionstore;h=8f894b116ad745b0f7bc7c89e4787c89e60a9eb2;hb=309ddec8b769af42f577229bc5e3278c0328f1c4

Good luck,

Tomeu