Browse Preferences

Jacob Haddon thaesa at
Tue Mar 18 09:14:34 EDT 2008

I looked at about:config, but did not see the setting. admittedly i have never used about:config, so i, just now, read up on it. used a version of portable firefox here on my computer to test how to add in this preference and was successful.

i went to try it on the OLPC. here is what happens. i go to about:config. right click, i get the menu, i select New then String and then there is nothing that follows.

Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Jacob Haddon <thaesa at> wrote:
>>  I know people are busy with Update.1, so forgive the random question.
>>  I would like to set up and use Tiddlywiki as my homepage on the OLPC. It is a Javascript-only wiki program.
>>  I am writing to ask about preferences for Browse. Specifically the following:
>>  user_pref("capability.principal.codebase.p0.granted", "UniversalXPConnect");
>>  user_pref("", "file://");
>>  user_pref("capability.principal.codebase.p0.subjectName", "");
> Did you try to set those using about:config?
> Marco

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.