Detecting MIME type of a shared file

James Simmons jim.simmons at walgreens.com
Tue Mar 18 10:18:05 EDT 2008

I am working on adding sharing code to the Read Etexts activity, mostly
adapting existing code from the core Read activity.  Read ETexts can
open ascii text files and zip files that contain a single text file.  I
look at the suffix of the filename to tell what kind of file I'm dealing
with.  This works just fine when I download the file using the Browse
activity, but when I share the file the computer receiving the file gets
a random filename with no suffix.  At least that's what I *think* is
happening, as my sugar-jhbuild is not fully functional yet.  So the
question is, how can I tell what kind of file I am receiving when
someone shares a file with me?

Thanks,

James Simmons