permanently changing keyboard layout for forth

Ties Stuij cjstuij at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 07:55:34 EDT 2008

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ties Stuij <cjstuij at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: permanently changing keyboard layout for forth
To: Mitch Bradley <wmb at laptop.org>

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Mitch Bradley <wmb at laptop.org> wrote:
 > If you are really, truly sure that you never want the Spanish layout,
 >  you can delete the KA tag entirely and OFW will default to US layout.
 >
 >  ok  " KA" $delete-tag
 >
 >  That is "doublequote space K A doublequote space "  i.e. one space
 >  between the first doublequote and the 'K', no space between 'A' and the
 >  second doubleqoute, one or more spaces between the second doublequote
 >  and the dollar
 >
 >  As the author of the firmware, I am certain that is the correct
 >  solution.  The likelihood of bricking your machine with this procedure
 >  is vanishingly small.  However, as a dislaimer, if you should happen to
 >  brick it, I won't have time to help you recover it, because I am
 >  horribly overworked at the moment.

 Thanks for the help. Not sure I want to risk never to be able to get
 back to Spanish though. Might also not be practical for testing
 purposes.

 It seems like I found the address of something that resembles the us
 keymap. Unsurprisingly under 'keymap'. But it doesn't really match the
 description in Manufacturing_data on the wiki.

 If you've got the time, do you happen to know where i can find the
 proper address of the us layout as expected by KA, or a document/the
 files which enumerate(s) the correct byte-sequence for different
 kb-layouts? Together with a decompiled change-tag, that should be
 enough info to change KA.

 Thanks,
 Ties