Drupal on OLPC?

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 22:35:22 EDT 2008

>The kids in Uruguay have started blogging a lot with the XO. Posting
>Adivinanzas (riddles) seem like a popular item.

>See: http://www.blogger.com/profile/06134894806578234196

>Now they are asking for more sophisticated content management and we
>have already flagged Drupal as a tool that may fit the bill. I wrote a
>brief requirements definition of what they want, now posted here:
>http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Talk:Learning_activities/Journalism

>We need another round of discussion with the teachers to nail down their
>requirements but all signs point towards Drupal so far...

I have worked w/ Drupal in the past and I think it is one of the better
LAMP cms's. I have found that it takes a fair amount of configuration.

I would love to see a good stock configuration of Drupal for the School
Server. It is not appropriate for the XO as Ben Schwartz points out.

There already is the Moodle cms on the XS but I am not familiar w/
Moodle and I don't know what kind of blogging functionality it has
*punt* => to Martin

Bert, pls join the discussion on server-devel at lists.laptop.org

--
Bryan W. Berry