699 responsiveness

Mikus Grinbergs mikus at bga.com
Thu Mar 13 16:30:15 EDT 2008

Don't know if this is reproducible or not.  Am in the process of
customizing 699.  After I installed the Adobe flash player, there
was an appreciable lag in the system's response to my CLI commands.
  Looked with 'top', and found 'gtk-gnash' was using up to 70% of my
CPU cycles.  Killed 'gtk-gnash' and my system is back to normal.

mikus  (G1G1)

p.s.  Needed to earlier manually install Browse (now put into
       /home/olpc/Activities).  That means that if there were two
       users defined for my XO, *each* would have his own copy of
       Web.activity.  Much preferred it in /usr/share/activities.