drupal on OLPC?

bert boerland bert at boerland.com
Wed Mar 12 16:47:06 EDT 2008

Dear All,

As a member of the Drupal community, I would like to see the Open
Source CMS Drupal ship on the OLPC. Drupal is a state of the art
Content Managment System / Framework  with lots of modules and hence
potential implementations. Drupal can be a wiki, a blog, a news
aggregator, a youtube clone, a flickr etc...

Having Drupa ship on every OLPC would be great for the young users;
they can easy write and share information.

I can make some noise in the Drupal community to let some of the
members help making this happen. But what would it take fom a
technical and procedural side to make this happen?

Some work on Drupal on OLPC has already been done, see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Drupal
http://www.olpcnews.com/software/third_party/olpc_open_source_with_drupal.html
http://www.developmentseed.org/blog/2008/feb/28/building-open-source-applications-olpc-drupal
http://groups.drupal.org/drupal-olpc

Would you please help me point to the right direction to make this happen?

TIA

--
groets,

bert boerland