Update.1 build status

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Wed Mar 12 12:15:09 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 7:07 AM, Morgan Collett
<morgan.collett at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>  #6299 still needs actual testing with a schoolserver.
>  sugar-presence-service-0.75.2-1.olpc2 was in a build - 695 - and was
>  then untagged. It's been in joyride since 1701.
>
>  We still need this tested by someone at 1cc: see
>  http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6299#comment:20.
>
>  There are some suggestions more recently on how best to delay salut
>  connecting which we welcome comment on, but the fundamental thing we
>  need tested is that it *detects* the schoolserver, since neither
>  Guillaume nor myself have access to one.

IMO then we should get this as is into the next update.1 build, so
that we can test the whole system together, including school server
detection.  I believe we're going to do another big meshtest tomorrow
(if I remember the timeline wad mentioned) so having this in for this
would be good.  If it doesn't work, we'll have to try something else
anyway; I don't think we can ship update.1 without *some* solution for
6299.
 --scott

--
 ( http://cscott.net/ )