Update.1 ex-preinstalled activities: stable vs unstable

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Wed Mar 12 08:58:33 EDT 2008

Morgan Collett wrote:
>> I was going to make a .xo from git (jhbuild) and stick that up on the
>> wiki when I saw there are newer commits in git than release 19, and that
>> got me wondering:
>
> I added a download link to Pippy on [[Activities]] to
> http://dev.laptop.org/~cjb/pippy/Pippy-19.xo.
>
> The formerly-preinstalled activities have either no download link or a
> significantly out of date version. I updated a few more but gave up.
>
> Aside from the stable/unstable issue, I propose that activity authors
> put .xos from their public_rpms in their public_html and maintain the
> links on [[Activities]] and the activities' wiki pages to the
> appropriate version there.
>
> Morgan

I updated the links for browse, journal and memorize. The issue was
raised yesterday as well in the sugar meeting. We need to have a
better/easier way to publish the latest version of a bundle. This is a
general issue that just showed it full degree with the loose of the core
activity principle.

Simon