Update.1 ex-preinstalled activities: stable vs unstable

Morgan Collett morgan.collett at collabora.co.uk
Wed Mar 12 07:27:10 EDT 2008

I was checking the status of #6299 which needs a newer Pippy version and
then I remembered Pippy (and others) aren't *in* the builds now. Neither
is Pippy available from http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities (no
download link).

I was going to make a .xo from git (jhbuild) and stick that up on the
wiki when I saw there are newer commits in git than release 19, and that
got me wondering:

How will we track (on the wiki) the "stable" versions of activities
which would have been included in Update.1 builds - Pippy-19 in this
case - versus releases done during a development cycle (Pippy-20
onwards)? Which will be on the wiki for people to install? Do we need a
better template to show download links for the "stable" version vs newer
versions?

Or will all future releases of activities that install in /home/olpc
have to be considered "stable"?

Morgan