BBC, OLPC and IRLP

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Mar 12 06:43:43 EDT 2008

Was interviewed by BBC World Service ... covering OLPC radio testing and
amateur radio repeater linking.  The result is in the last ten minutes
or so of their Digital Planet programme this week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/digital_planet.shtml

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/worldservice/digitalp/digitalp_20080311-1336.mp3

13Mb

It was done over the telephone from their studio at Imperial House, they
recorded their presenter at their end using a high quality microphone,
along with the telephone call audio, and I recorded myself at this end
using a Shure SM58 on a mic stand, hooked into audacity, and then after
the interview I sent the ten minute half of myself only as an MP3 file,
25Mb.  Their sound engineer then merged both recordings with audacity,
in about a minute of fiddling with waveform onsets.  The satellite
induced response delays were removed.