Trying to install os698.img and not succeeding

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 03:51:58 EDT 2008

Hey guys,

trying to install os698.img but no joy

hey guys, have a question about installing os698 on an MP machine. Have
the disabled security from the firmware but can't figure out how to
install the os698.img file. It is on my Usb key but there is no fs.zip
for os698.img. I am not familiar w/ the nandwrite, nandcopy commands. I
have tried "copy-nand disk:\os698.img" and now the xo only boots w/ the
usb key still inserted.

without the USB key inserted boot fails w/ the message

"Boot Failed: shutting down in 10 seconds"

Am using firmware Q2D13

Appreciate any assistance anyone can offer

Tried the following and it still didn't work

Put the following Contents onto the Boot USB

/q2d13.rom
/security/develop.sig
/boot/os698.img,os698.crc

tried