Microsoft? (was Re: OLPC seeks a CEO -- who was your favorite CEO elsewhere?)

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Mar 11 19:45:57 EDT 2008

On Mar 11, 2008, at 10:26 PM, victor wrote:
> I didn't know Microsoft and Windows were going to be there.  So why
> all the
> effort if in the end a closed OS is going to be used?

There is no change in strategy. For background (and comment furor) on
the XP situation, see:

     <http://radian.org/notebook/paradox-of-choice>

This thread is already stretching propriety by taking place on the
devel list, but I feel uncomfortable asking for it be moved to olpc-
open since the kind of people who might have good responses to John's
question are much more likely to be on this list than that one. That
said, let's please keep Microsoft out of it and have replies be
maximally focused.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org