Update.1

Korakurider korakurider at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 11:06:56 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 7:03 PM, Bert Freudenberg <bert at freudenbergs.de> wrote:
>Countries can install unsupported activities on each machine using a
>USB key:
>
>       http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Customization_key
>
>G1G1 recipients will lose all other activities when upgrading, they
>can then download the lost activities from the web. Same for other
>developers.
>  The unsupported activities will be installed in the user's home
>  directory so they will at least not be lost again when the base system
>  is upgraded. But they also will not be automatically updated anymore,
>  this will have to be done manually.

Please confirm my understanding:

+ all of ex-"preinstalled" activities that have been installed and
tested in /usr/share/activies will be installed under /home/olpc.
(even for deployment with customization key, right?)
So additional testing will be needed for them under new layout.  At
least TamTam needed it: #6673

+ Now all of ex-"preinstalled" activities need to expose link to their
.xo bundle at http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activities for download.

I think we will need to build Joyride with the new activities layout
if we really test and support "unsupported" activities.

/Korakurider