Accessing PenTablet coordinates from PyGTK

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Mon Mar 10 05:30:32 EDT 2008

On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 8:18 PM, Patrick Dubroy <pdubroy at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 1:38 PM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>  >
>  > On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 6:08 PM, Patrick Dubroy <pdubroy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  >  Apparently there used to be a method gdk.Window.input_get_pointer that
>  >  >  would allow you to query the location of the pointer for XInput
>  >  >  devices. However, this method appears to be gone in the current
>  >  >  version of GTK. Has it moved somewhere?
>  >
>  >  I see it here in line 608:
>  >
>  >  http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/pygtk/trunk/gtk/gtk-types.c
>
>  You're right, I see it there. But:
>
>   python -c 'import gtk; print hasattr(gtk.gdk.Window, "input_get_pointer")'
>
>  returns False. And
>
>   strings /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gtk-2.0/gtk/_gtk.so | grep
>  input_get_pointer
>
>  doesn't find it either.

Looks like that code got #ifdef'ed out 6 years ago :/

http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/pygtk/trunk/gtk/gtk-types.c?revision=573&view=markup

I would ask in the pygtk mailing list and then probably open a ticket for pygtk.

In the meantime, perhaps your best bet is to use ctypes to call Xlib directly.

Tomeu